Reading & Writing
|Calendar (K-2 cross-content focus)|
|Morning Message (K-2 cross-content focus)|
- Everyone MUST teach their own literacy blocks
- Workshop is NOT centers in grade 1-6
The above takes place 5 days a week
Each component of the Reading and Writing Workshops are based on FORMATIVE assessment and follow the Instructional Model: focus lesson, guided instruction, collaboration, independent practice, reflection.
- We will follow the created pacing guides and use the common assessments
- Math in Focus IS our curriculum
- We will use the self-assessments, written assessments, and open responses provided within the Math in Focus program
- The Common Core are our new standards; we are no longer teaching/assessing the GLCE's
The teaching of mathematics is based on grade level pacing guides and follow the Instructional Model: focus lesson, guided instruction/collaboration, independent practice, reflection.